Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2005/05/03 15:00:47 UTC

Re: Comment on index.html (Re: Where to change comments to configuration files)

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 09:49 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> > I disagree here. It might have been ok to just leave it before we knew
> > about the inconsistencies it will create if you don't use index.html.
>
> As far as I am aware the only inconsistency is that the index page
> credits will no longer work. Thorsten has already said this is fixed in
> views and I have said it is easy to fix in skins if my existing
> suggestions are tested and prove to be correct.

Yeah it is *very easy*:
1 have a look at pelts site2xhtml.xsl and search for $filename =
'index.html'
2 at into the fresh site skinconf something like <credit
filename="some.html"/> (and extend the dtd!)
3 change all results from 1 to $filename=$config/credits/@filename

That's it. ;-)

HTH
--