Posted to dev@curator.apache.org by Cameron McKenzie <ca...@apache.org> on 2021/07/19 22:18:19 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Curator version 5.2.0

Hello,

This is the vote for Apache Curator version 5.2.0

*** Please download, test and vote within approx. 72 hours

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag) and binaries are provided for
convenience.

Link to release notes:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314425&version=12348543

Staging repo:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/curator/5.2.0/

Binary artifacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecurator-1051

The tag to be voted upon:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=curator.git;a=commit;h=c1746faeeba88ae1df2340f0b492ac1c46306242

Curator's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://www.apache.org/dist/curator/KEYS

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Curator version 5.2.0

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
Hashes and signature match. My only concern is the TestReconfiguration issue but they pass when run separately. If others are concerned about this I can change my vote.

+1 (binding)

-Jordan

Posted by Cameron McKenzie <ca...@apache.org>.
Not sure what happened there Enrico, I got an email saying the artefacts
were pushed, but I couldn't see them either.

It should be working now.
cheers

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il giorno mar 27 lug 2021 alle ore 00:41 Cameron McKenzie <
mckenzie.cam@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Thanks guys,
> I have published the site now and it all looks OK. My knowledge of SVN is
> close to zero, so it's always a bit of a nightmare when things go wrong.
>
> Is there a reason we use SVN instead of git for the website? That's just
> an Apache thing?

for the website we should move to git, as all the other Apache projects are
doing
Any volunteers ?
We are all pretty busy, but if you know someone who would be able and
willing to help, do not hesitate to ask them !

for the "dist/dev" area, this is still on SVN

Enrico

Posted by Cameron McKenzie <mc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks guys,

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
svn is a big mystery to me. Maybe start with a clean slate? I never understood why things like this as so hard in svn. It's probably why git has taken over the industry.

Posted by Cameron McKenzie <mc...@gmail.com>.
Guys,

Posted by Cameron McKenzie <mc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Enrico,

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.

Posted by Cameron McKenzie <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Cameron McKenzie <ca...@apache.org>.
Hey Enrico,

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Cameron McKenzie <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.

Posted by Cameron McKenzie <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
I'm seeing consistent test failures with the Reconfig tests. Anyone else?

[WARNING] Tests run: 18, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 2, Time elapsed: 7.239 s - in org.apache.curator.framework.imps.TestReconfiguration
[INFO] Running org.apache.curator.framework.imps.TestReadOnly
[ERROR] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 52.81 s <<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.curator.framework.imps.TestReadOnly
[ERROR] org.apache.curator.framework.imps.TestReadOnly.testConnectionStateNewClient  Time elapsed: 47.603 s  <<< ERROR!
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException: KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /
	at org.apache.curator.framework.imps.TestReadOnly.testConnectionStateNewClient(TestReadOnly.java:102)

[INFO] Running org.apache.curator.framework.imps.TestReadOnly
[ERROR] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 44.3 s <<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.curator.framework.imps.TestReadOnly
[ERROR] org.apache.curator.framework.imps.TestReadOnly.testConnectionStateNewClient  Time elapsed: 44.299 s  <<< ERROR!
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException: KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /
	at org.apache.curator.framework.imps.TestReadOnly.testConnectionStateNewClient(TestReadOnly.java:102)

[INFO] Running org.apache.curator.framework.imps.TestReadOnly
[ERROR] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 45.204 s <<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.curator.framework.imps.TestReadOnly
[ERROR] org.apache.curator.framework.imps.TestReadOnly.testConnectionStateNewClient  Time elapsed: 45.203 s  <<< ERROR!

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Cameron,