Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Markus Herbert <ma...@yahoo.de> on 2006/10/19 09:18:33 UTC

[users@httpd] problem with apache2 as a reverse proxy and OWA

Hi, I am using a apache2 server (version 2.0.54-10) under SuSE linux 10.0 as a reverse proxy for an Outlook Web Access (OWA) under Exchange 2003 SP2. I want to use only port 443 (SSL) to get into OWA. Login is ok and under a IE6 or Firewfox browser I can see something of the OWA site - but not all. Many things are missing and I'm when I click - for example - the calendar, nothing will happened on the screen.

Anyone who can help me? I have loaded for a virtual host the following modules:
proxy
proxy_connect
proxy_ftp
proxy_http

Here is my configuration for this virtual host:

<VirtualHost 51.52.53.54:443>
Servername "webmail.blahblah.com"
DocumentRoot /srv/www/htdocs/exchange

ProxyRequest Off
SSLProxyEnginge On
ProxyVia On
SSLEngine On
SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl.crt/webmail.crt
CCLCertificatKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl.key/webmail.key

ProxyPass /exchange https://exchange/exchange
ProxyPassReverse /exchange https://exchange/exchange
ProxyPreserveHost On
</VirtualHost>

Thanks for any reply - Markus

Re: [users@httpd] problem with apache2 as a reverse proxy and OWA

Posted by masro <ma...@llbc.de>.
Hi,

i think you like to have an ReverseProxy not an ForwardProxy
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html#forwardreverse
therefore you normally only need mod_proxy and mod_proxy_http.
Switch ProxyVia to off it's the default Value so you also can delete
that line from your httpd.conf.
I do not know OWA but maybe it is also not necessary to switch
ProxyPreserveHost On
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypreservehost

regards
Christian Gottschalch