Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2009/10/01 09:04:49 UTC

Re: LZW embedding experiment

Matthias,

I put my changes here:
http://people.apache.org/~jeremias/fop/Experiment%20LZW%20Embedding.zip

Please note that "testing" is not enough in this case. As soon as you
run into a multi-strip TIFF, the whole thing currently fails. As
mentioned in my post, solving this might require interpreting the LZW
commands which kind of kills the original idea of not having to decode
the compressed data. Have fun.

On 30.09.2009 19:18:54 MatthiasR wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Jeremias Maerki-2 wrote:
> >
> > I've written some code that can embedd a single-stripe CMYK TIFF in PDF
> > as a proof of concept. I've done it for PDF because that was the easiest
> > to implement. I don't want to commit that right now since it
> > would need a lot of testing first. So in case I don't pursue this (due
> > to other priorities) and someone else wants that code, it's available.
> >

> I'd be interested in testing this for PDF output. Could you please send me
> the patch?
>
> Regards,
> Matthias Reischenbacher

Jeremias Maerki