Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Frank Klein Koerkamp <fk...@educator.eu> on 2010/11/04 12:00:30 UTC

Form tag in modal.js

Hi Wicketeers,

does anyone know why a '<form>' tag is created when opening a ModalWindow?
This is done in modal.js in the Wicket.Window.getMarkup function.

>From my perspective this also can be a div and then we can use forms inside
a ModalWindow. Now that's also possible but you need an form around your
modalwindow as well for supporting innerforms.

Kind regards,

--

Frank Klein Koerkamp

Re: Form tag in modal.js

Posted by Frank Klein Koerkamp <fk...@educator.eu>.
Yeah, problem is now that the Form component is validating if it's inside
another Form component and then it does some tricks to let nested forms
work, but because the form tag in a ModalWindow is created by Javascript
Wicket doesn't recognizes that in it's hierarchy and doesn't do the tricks
for nested forms.

Regards,

Frank

2010/11/5 Daan van Etten <da...@stuq.nl>

> Hi Frank,
>
> You can use nested forms, so you can put a form inside your ModalWindow.
> The <form> tag should not make a difference, or are you experiencing other
> problems?
>
> Regards,
>
> Daan
>
> Op 4 nov 2010, om 12:00 heeft Frank Klein Koerkamp het volgende geschreven:
>
> > Hi Wicketeers,
> >
> > does anyone know why a '<form>' tag is created when opening a
> ModalWindow?
> > This is done in modal.js in the Wicket.Window.getMarkup function.
> >
> > From my perspective this also can be a div and then we can use forms
> inside
> > a ModalWindow. Now that's also possible but you need an form around your
> > modalwindow as well for supporting innerforms.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > --
> >
> > Frank Klein Koerkamp

Frank Klein Koerkamp

*Educator – Onderwijslogistiek- en informatiesysteem
T  *+31 (0)341 37 5680 – *W* www.educator.eu

Re: Form tag in modal.js

Posted by Daan van Etten <da...@stuq.nl>.
Hi Frank,