Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Kurt Guenther <ku...@serent.com> on 2004/05/28 18:23:00 UTC

Graphical Merge Tool ?

Does anybody know of a graphical merge tool?  I know some commercial
vendors that have decent wars, but I haven't found an open source.   It
doesn't need to be integrated into subversion.

--Kurt

Re: Graphical Merge Tool ?

Posted by Francois Beausoleil <fb...@users.sourceforge.net>.
TortoiseMerge, which is part of TortoiseSVN.

Bye !
François

Re: Graphical Merge Tool ?

Posted by "Øyvind A. Holm" <su...@sunbase.org>.
On 2004-05-28 14:23-0400 Kurt Guenther wrote:

> Does anybody know of a graphical merge tool?  I know some commercial
> vendors that have decent wars, but I haven't found an open source. It
> doesn't need to be integrated into subversion.

It’s not exactly graphical, but Vim in diff modus (executed as
"vimdiff") is a big help. Available from www.vim.org .

Regards,
Øyvind A. Holm
---------------------
cat /dev/urandom >SCO

Re: Graphical Merge Tool ?

Posted by Kenny Leung <ke...@pobox.com>.
FileMerge on MacOSX is the best I've seen. It's not open source, but it
is free with the system.

-Kenny

Re: Graphical Merge Tool ?

Posted by Wesley J Landaker <wj...@icecavern.net>.
On Friday 28 May 2004 12:23 pm, Kurt Guenther wrote:
> Does anybody know of a graphical merge tool?  I know some commercial
> vendors that have decent wars, but I haven't found an open source.
> It doesn't need to be integrated into subversion.

The "ediff" mode built into emacs and xemacs works very well.

--
Wesley J. Landaker <wj...@icecavern.net>

RE: Graphical Merge Tool ?

Posted by james bradt <ja...@yahoo.com>.
WinMerge comes to mind http://winmerge.sourceforge.net/ it's a 2-panel merge
program, pretty easy to use and it will work recursively down the dir.
Structure.

If you download perforce from their website, they have a three-way merge
tool that can be installed - licensing is a little vague for the utility.
On one webpage, it states that it is free.

See http://www.perforce.com/perforce/products/p4winmerge.html

There are also various CVS conflict editors

http://gaiacrtn.free.fr/cce/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/conflicteditor

and

http://www.majentis.com/Products/CVSConflictEditor.html

which can help when you are trying to handle conflict tags with in cvs.  I'm
a newbie with svn but I believe that it tags conflicts in a similar fashion
to cvs.  Please correct me if I am wrong

hth,
jb