Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com> on 2006/06/01 01:56:41 UTC

Re: [FAQ] CCLA Update

On 5/31/06, Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> wrote:
> That was my first thought, then I thought - how do we know who is sending
> in the Schedule A? It has no names, no signature, just a list of names.

An authorized agent of the entity that signed the CCLA?

For example, if we had a CCLA for BEA and Jim Barnett emailed Cliff or
JimJag with an updated Schedule A, that'd be sufficient for me.
Substitute IBM and Jeffery Thompson and you can get the point.  I'd
probably be satisified even if an ASF member from that company
submitted an updated Schedule A for their company as well.

I think we're safe to use a little common sense here.  We have iCLAs
for each individual in any event for all committers that really trumps
the CCLA for *our* purposes.  -- justin

Re: [FAQ] CCLA Update

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On 6/1/06, Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> wrote:
> I was thinking more in terms of filing. We have a piece of paper sitting
> in Jim's filing cabinet that doesn't have any kind of authentication on
> it.
>
> However you're right, I wasn't groking that the CCLA was more for the
> employer/employee than for us, so no biggy for our records.
>
> Will happily modify the proposed FAQ entry to just a Schedule A.

Ok, that's what we will do during next week.

(I was the one asking this question on legal-discuss, because of
working for a new company)

Regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf
Aechterhoek 18

Re: [FAQ] CCLA Update

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> On 5/31/06, Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> wrote:
>> That was my first thought, then I thought - how do we know who is sending
>> in the Schedule A? It has no names, no signature, just a list of names.
>
> An authorized agent of the entity that signed the CCLA?
>
> For example, if we had a CCLA for BEA and Jim Barnett emailed Cliff or
> JimJag with an updated Schedule A, that'd be sufficient for me.
> Substitute IBM and Jeffery Thompson and you can get the point.  I'd
> probably be satisified even if an ASF member from that company
> submitted an updated Schedule A for their company as well.
>
> I think we're safe to use a little common sense here.  We have iCLAs
> for each individual in any event for all committers that really trumps
> the CCLA for *our* purposes.  -- justin

I was thinking more in terms of filing. We have a piece of paper sitting
in Jim's filing cabinet that doesn't have any kind of authentication on
it.

However you're right, I wasn't groking that the CCLA was more for the
employer/employee than for us, so no biggy for our records.

Will happily modify the proposed FAQ entry to just a Schedule A.

Hen