Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Cornellious Mann <co...@yahoo.com> on 2001/08/07 20:24:42 UTC

ANT and CVS

I am using Ant to process my CVS commands.  As far as
Ant goes, everything is working great.  The problem I
am having is that I would like to use both Ant and
also use WinCVS to access CVS files.  When I check out
files using Ant, WinCVS has problems working with
those files.  I keep getting the error "no such host
c".  Has anyone tried to do this?  Does WinCVS do
anything special, so in order to work with files in
WinCVS, the files have to be checked out using WinCVS?

Thanks for any help.

=====
Regards,
Cornellious Mann

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

Re: developing custom task - DirectoryScanner help needed

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, T. Master <tm...@iknowledgeinc.com> wrote:

> Now i need to edit the properties file.

Don't do that!  This way you'd have to rejar Ant everytime you want to
upgrade it.

> Would you recommend declaring a custom task in a default.properties
> file, or using a taskdef in a team environment?

<taskdef>

Stefan

Re: developing custom task - DirectoryScanner help needed

Posted by T Master <tm...@iknowledgeinc.com>.
Thank you Stefan.  That compiled.
Now i need to edit the properties file.
Would you recommend declaring a custom task in a default.properties file, or
using a taskdef in a team environment?

The former requires all team members to check out the properties file in a
new ant.jar file, whereas the latter doesn't.
Is it possible to have a default.properties file in another directory or
${basedir} ?

T Master

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by T Master <tm...@iknowledgeinc.com>.
The saga continues...

I have made my task to support usage of javancss.  I do NOT extend from
MatchedTask.

However, I am having problems using DirectoryScanner.  I am trying to obtain
this from a fileset, as per code snippet from task delete.  The method call
to obtain the DirectoryScanner requires a Project.  Where should this be
instantiated or referenced from?

Line 2 is in question.  Code snippet:
            FileSet fs = (FileSet) filesets.elementAt(i);
            DirectoryScanner ds = new DirectoryScanner(); //
fs.getDirectoryScanner(project);
            String[] files = ds.getIncludedFiles();

If a new Project object were created, it would not know anything about my
fileset attributes.  So I'm lost now.

Tariq

RE: ANT and CVS

Posted by David Roe <dr...@chartwelltechnology.com>.
If my memory serves me this is a message that I have received in the past.
Our CVS repository was located on an NT server on our Network and my machine
for some reason had lost its mapping to that server. I realised this when I
went to look for my drive on that server in an Explorer window and it wasn't
visible. My solution was to reboot and the mapping was restored and the CVS
tasks in ANT worked swimmingly after that.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
David