Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/02 17:58:39 UTC

Re: Is any more detailed documentation aout the sgd logistic regression example.

In our environments data will be prepared inside the relational data
warehouse, and then export as csv files, that's the trainlogistic
command line works well for us, but we will have both numeric and
category predictor variables, does SGD support category variables, and
are there examples about this? because I think the results bellow does
not apply for category variables,

color ~ -0.157*Intercept Term + -0.678*x + -0.416*y
Intercept Term -0.15655
x -0.67841
y -0.41587

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
For small problems, you can even retain the training data in memory for
maximum speed.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stanley,

Posted by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stanley,

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Please file a bug report at http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT

Attach a diff file with the extension .patch.  Create the diff at the mahout
top directory.

Posted by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by XiaoboGu <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
There are a few others as well.

>From the code, there are these:

 public void setInterval(int interval)
 public void setInterval(int minInterval, int maxInterval)
 public void setPoolSize(int poolSize)
 public void setThreadCount(int threadCount)
 public void setAucEvaluator(OnlineAuc auc)
 private void setupOptimizer(int poolSize)
 public void setBest(State<Wrapper, CrossFoldLearner> best)
 public void setRecord(int record)
 public void setBuffer(List<TrainingExample> buffer)
 public void setEp(EvolutionaryProcess<Wrapper, CrossFoldLearner> ep)
 public void setSeed(State<Wrapper, CrossFoldLearner> seed)
 public void setAveragingWindow(int averagingWindow)
 public void setFreezeSurvivors(boolean freezeSurvivors)

Aside from the ones you mention and the setAucEvaluator, most of these
should not be used.  There are also a number of other indirect knobs
available if you access, for instance, the underlying evolutionary
algorithm, or set options on the AUC evaluator or the prior.

Posted by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted,

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Go for it.

Posted by XiaoboGu <gu...@gmail.com>.

In our environment all users are csv oriented, and the csv data to be analyzed are almost generated inside HDFS, so it will save time if the programs can read from HDFS directly,
And I think the open function of class TrainLogistic is the only piece of code to change if we want this, is it?

Posted by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 4:22 AM, Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can't do that directly.
>
> You can use the http address of the file in HDFS.

What's the HTTP URL for a example file named /data/gpwext/data.csv

HTTP://namenode:8020/data/gpwext/data.csv?

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
You can't do that directly.

Posted by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Huh?

Posted by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Fwd: Is any more detailed documentation aout the sgd logistic regression example.

Posted by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com>.