Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org> on 2019/02/27 10:53:42 UTC

[Ozone][status] 2019.02.27

Hi all,

I didn't write any summary about the recent community calls. Mainly
because on the last few calls developers usually just explained the
current status / progress of ozone related developments (Security, HA,
Tracing, etc.) There was no big news, all the information is available
from the related Jiras but the calls helped to share the current
status/latest findings.

The current summary from the last calls:

* 0.4.0 (badlands) release is closer and closer. Security work is almost
done (HDDS-4) and stability is also highly improved. Expected to have
the release during March. Ajay Kumar is working as the release manager.

* HA works are continued with adopting Apache Ratis based statemachine
in OM (target release is 0.5.0)

* Recon service (~fsck server) work has been started. Design doc just
uploaded to the HDDS-1084.

* There are serious reliability testing with jepsen-like tests (using
blockade) and down-stream applications (eg. Hive). Huge work has been
done on the reliability side

* Thanks to our Hive friends we adopted the async profiler endpoint from
Hive (HIVE-20202)

* Fist version of distributed tracing is working (some tricky context
propagation inside Apache Ratis is missing). First results showed some
client side problems with buffer allocations.

* Wiki page about profiler/tracing will be created soon, and they may be
demonstrated at the next call.

* We have serious build problems. New Jenkinsfile based job is enabled
for Hadoop without proper Ozone support and all the ozone PRs are
commented with false positive findings. Fix is in progress (See comments
in HADOOP-16035)

Closing with the usual lines:

Ozone community calls are 100% open weekly calls [1]. Feel free to join
if you have any questions/suggestions/concerns.

Thanks,
Marton

[1]:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Ozone+Community+Calls