Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com.INVALID> on 2020/10/15 16:03:01 UTC

Draft Board report

Hey all,

The report is due and I'm willing to submit it (but I've never done it
before).

This is what I have:
Apache Aries software is a set of pluggable Java components enabling an
enterprise OSGi application programming model.

## Issues:
- the project is blocked in migration from Apache CMS
- no other issues exist

## Membership Data:
Apache Aries was founded 2010-12-14 (10 years ago)
There are currently 58 committers and 41 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 4:3.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Carlos Sierra Andrés on 2018-07-02.
- No new committers. Last addition was Romain Manni-Bucau on 2020-01-29.

## Project Activity:
- a new sub-component `aries-typedevent` implementing the upcoming R8
  *OSGi Typed Event Service Specification* has started
- aries-rsa-1.15.0 is under vote.
- cdi-1.1.2 release is coming shortly.
- spifly-1.3.1 was released on 2020-10-15.
- jax-rs-whiteboard-1.0.10 was released on 2020-10-05.
- spifly-1.3.0 was released on 2020-05-28.

## Community Health:
- defects that are being reported are being handled quickly and efficiently
  over the past while.
- the reduction in commits is due to switch from dev of new sub-components
  toward more maintenance of said components
- an effort started to migrate the site from the old CMS to some new option
  (the selected option was "Antora".) The work was started but because the
   option is not well known and seems to involve a fairly complex setup
we've
   hit a sort of roadblock and some uncertainty about direction to take
   (however the community agrees Aries really needs a new site) This is
    presently our biggest challenge
- the large number of sub-components and lack of good website/structured
  information is making it hard to produce a cohesive view of the activities
  and I feel this contributes to poor awareness/interest
- project traffic is low but respectable otherwise and most queries from
  community are answered.
-------------------------

This ok?
--
*Raymond Augé* (@rotty3000)
Senior Software Architect *Liferay, Inc.* (@Liferay)

Re: Draft Board report

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

As you started from reporter.apache.org <http://reporter.apache.org/> and added contents, it’s good to me.

Thanks !
Regards
JB

Re: Draft Board report

Posted by Dominik Przybysz <al...@gmail.com>.
LGTM, +1

czw., 15 paź 2020 o 18:03 Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com.invalid>

--
Pozdrawiam / Regards,
Dominik Przybysz

Re: Draft Board report

Posted by Carlos Sierra Andrés <cs...@apache.org>.
Looks good to me! +1

Re: Draft Board report

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Many thanks Ray,

I totally forgot about that. Let me know if you need help submitting. The
report looks great.

Christian

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de