Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Laxman <la...@huawei.com> on 2012/06/15 06:39:48 UTC

[HBase Security] Meta table operations should be authorized

Hi Devs,

As part of access control, read/write to meta table also should be checked
for authorization.
I've seen some scripts also internally invoking flush/compact on .META.

Example: drop table from "HBase shell" invokes flush and compact on .META.

IMO, scripts needs to be corrected. And I don't see need for calling
flush/compact on .META.

Any different opinion?

Laxman

RE: [HBase Security] Meta table operations should be authorized

Posted by "Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan" <ra...@huawei.com>.
+1 on changing the scripts.

Regards
Ram