Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/12 08:28:05 UTC

Is there a metastore schema script for postgresql for Hive version 0.9.0

I can't find it in the release package.

Xiaobo Gu

Re: Is there a metastore schema script for postgresql for Hive version 0.9.0

Posted by wd <wd...@wdicc.com>.
Hive can auto create metadata tables, maybe you can try it out.

Re: Re: Is there a metastore schema script for postgresql for Hive version 0.9.0

Posted by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,  I will try that.

Xiaobo Gu

From: Carl Steinbach
Date: 2012-05-13 10:30
To: user
CC: guxiaobo1982
Subject: Re: Is there a metastore schema script for postgresql for Hive version 0.9.0
Hi Xiabo,

Upgrade/schema scripts for Postgres were committed to trunk last week in HIVE-2529 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-2529). This patch includes schema DDL for Hive 0.8.0 and 0.9.0, as well as an 0.7.0->0.8.0 upgrade script. Right now these scripts are only available in the source code repository.

Thanks.

Carl

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org> wrote:

Hi Xiaobo,

It depends on what your current setup is:
a) If you are trying Hive for the first time, then you don't necessarily need to create schema in postgres upfront. As wd suggested, datanucleus (ORM used by Hive) can autocreate the schema if it doesn't exist.
b) If you are already using Hive 0.8 then there is no upgrade step, there are no metastore schema changes between 0.8 & 0.9, so your existing Hive 0.8 postgres will continue to work with Hive 0.9
c) If you are currently using Hive 0.7 or earlier, then you do need to migrate. Unfortunately, with Hive 0.8 we didn't publish upgrade script for 0.7 to 0.8. But, good news is support for Postgres is reinstated in trunk. You can find Postgres upgrade scripts here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hive/trunk/metastore/scripts/upgrade/postgres/

Hope it helps,
Ashutosh

Posted by Carl Steinbach <ca...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Xiabo,

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org>.
Hi Xiaobo,

Posted by Jagat <ja...@gmail.com>.
May be you can see razorsql to convert schemas.

Sent from Mobile , short and crisp.