Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by khozaima shakir <sk...@hotmail.com> on 2002/08/25 18:22:07 UTC

Tomcat Installation on linux

Hi all,
I am trying to setup tomcat 4.0.4 on linux.
I have installed the tomcat  direcory as :
/users/userName/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4
Then from /jarakarta-tomact-4.0.4/bin, it set JAVA_HOME to
/usr/local/jdk1.3.1_01
Next I ran the startup.sh comand, I get message as
Using Catalina_home, base, tomact temp,  (tomcat home directory)
JAVA_HOME as /usr/local/1.3.1_01
Should a startup window open? It didn't open.
WEB_INF/classes are not detected , . (earlier i had setup tomcat with
similar directory structure in tomcat on win2k it worked fine)
When I try to shutdown the tomcat, it gives segmentation fault,
Can anyone please throw some light on what could be going wrong?
Thanks
Shakir

Re: Tomcat Installation on linux

Posted by Jhair Tocancipa Triana <jh...@icon-scm.com>.

    -> Should a startup window open? It didn't open.

No, if you are  running tomcat from a shell. Or did  you run it from a
Windows emulator?

    -> When I try to shutdown the tomcat, it gives segmentation fault.

How do you shutdown the tomcat?

--
--Jhair