Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Vivek Mishra <vi...@impetus.co.in> on 2010/12/10 10:58:23 UTC

Hive import issue

Hi,

I am a newbie to hive.

When I am trying to import data to HBase via a table managed by Hive. I am getting following errors:

mismatched input 'Timestamp' expecting Identifier in column specification

mismatched input 'data' expecting Identifier in column specification

Remvoing or renaming these columns to 'data_something' makes it working.

Any idea why is it happening? And what are total of these keywords which cannot be used as column name? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Vivek

________________________________
Register for Impetus Webinar on 'Building Highly Scalable and Flexible SaaS Solutions' on Dec 10 (10:00 a.m. PT).

Click http://www.impetus.com to know more. Follow us on www.twitter.com/impetuscalling.

RE: Hive import issue

Posted by Vivek Mishra <vi...@impetus.co.in>.
Hi,
As per
https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/SQOOP-37

I tried after applying patch. But now it is failing for a table having column name as 'HOST'.

Vivek

Click http://www.impetus.com to know more. Follow us on www.twitter.com/impetuscalling<http://www.twitter.com/impetuscalling>.