Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by di...@lynx.de on 2001/06/28 17:58:54 UTC

Forms handling with cocoon

I'm new to cocoon and have the following question:
Is cocoon the right tool to server the presentation layer of a business
applikation which deals with a lot of forms of business oriented data which
is provided by ejb's from a web app server like jboss or weblogic.
We have the forms for order processing, masterdata handling etc. We need a
lot of input fields, field checking against dynamic data, changing
navigation between pages.

We are very impressed of handling of content with xml like cocoon does so
it could be rendered in different designs on different devices(browsers,
pda's, wap). But is it for this kind of apps ore more for contents like
publishing, news, multimedia?
Are there projects which are using it for apps in the described area?

Viele Gruesse
Best Regards

Dirk Osterkamp

Lynx-forw@rd GmbH, Johanniskirchplatz 6, D-33615 Bielefeld, Germany
Tel. +49 (521) 5247-0, Fax.+49 (521) 5247-280, Mobile +49 (171) 7437992
E-Mail: dirk.osterkamp@lynx.de, Corporate Infos and Job Offers:
http://www.lynx.de

Re: Forms handling with cocoon

Posted by Sergio Carvalho <se...@acm.org>.
I think Cocoon is pretty much up to the job. w3c already has the business form definition language part done for you (I think it's called XFDL). You'd make a great service to the community by creating the XSLT framework for using XFDL to present, and client-side-validate business forms. And open-sourcing it... *grin* I know I'd use it right now if I had it.

Sergio

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@managingpartners.com>.
At 05:58 PM 6/28/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>applikation which deals with a lot of forms of business oriented data which
>is provided by ejb's from a web app server like jboss or weblogic.
>We have the forms for order processing, masterdata handling etc. We need a
>lot of input fields, field checking against dynamic data, changing
>navigation between pages.

I don't know of any public projects that are using cocoon in the manner in
which you describe, but my company is using C2 as the basis for our
applications, and there are others in this group that are doing the same.
-pete

managing partners, inc. -> http://www.managingpartners.com