Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Emil Edeholt <em...@knmedical.se> on 2006/11/07 10:20:40 UTC

Encoding issue

Hi,

After (I think) I moved my svn repos to a new server I started getting
this error on a file with "special characters" in the name. I also can't
remove the file locally on the server (I get not found, so the encoding
is probably the issue). What can I do to fix this?

svn: Can't convert string from 'UTF-8' to native encoding:
svn:
/Users/myuser/Projects/workspace/myproject/.svn/props/a?\204?\136ndringar
i skarpa my project 1.0.svn-work

Regards Emil

Re: Encoding issue

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Nov 7, 2006, at 14:50, Emil Edeholt wrote:

>> Are you talking about the client or the server? Check both.
>
> I've tried to run the svn cli via ssh on the server and svn cli via
> http from my desktop. Are there any better way I can try the server?

I believe it's important to ensure that not only is the LANG variable
set correctly when running the svn cli, but also when running the
svnserve server process (or the httpd server process, if that's what
you're using). I'm not sure how best to test that it's set correctly,
though. If you're using the apache server, presumably you could write
a CGI or PHP script that would show you the current value of the LANG
environment variable, but for svnserve, I don't know what to do.

Re: Encoding issue

Posted by Emil Edeholt <em...@knmedical.se>.
I've tried to run the svn cli via ssh on the server and svn cli via http
from my desktop. Are there any better way I can try the server?

Emil

Re: Encoding issue

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Re: Encoding issue

Posted by Emil Edeholt <em...@knmedical.se>.
Hi,

Thanks but when I echo $LANG it already is en_US.UTF-8. Also when I svn
list the file the special characters look correct. I just can't delete it.

Any other ideas?

Regards Emil

--

Hälsningar Emil Edeholt