Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Po Dragonwarrior <hu...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/27 10:51:21 UTC

CS 4.13.1 - KVM networking Issue

Hi all,

I am trying a 4.13.1 cloudstack installation, and come up with the following situation.

I have a 2 kvm hosts cluster and I am creating a VM. When the virtual router is created on the same host the VM gets the internal IP, but when the virtual router is created on the second (different) host the VM cannot get an IP.

What should I check for troubleshooting?…

thanks in advance!

Re: CS 4.13.1 - KVM networking Issue

Posted by Vivek Kumar <vi...@indiqus.com.INVALID>.
Make sure that you guest VLAN range is allowed in switch port what you are using to pass the guest traffic.

Regards
Vivek Kumar

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​

Posted by Hean Seng <he...@gmail.com>.
IP assignment is  via DHCP ,  you need to make sure in the  same VLAN,
there is no other DHCP server that existing .

Both your KVM Hypervisor need to run in Trunk Port, and your switch need to
accept the vlan that you going to use.

You need to check the cloud-init log on the VM , see whats wrong on IP
assignment .

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 7:20 PM Po Dragonwarrior <hu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying a 4.13.1 cloudstack installation, and come up with the
> following situation.
>
> I have a 2 kvm hosts cluster and I am creating a VM. When the virtual
> router is created on the same host the VM gets the internal IP, but when
> the virtual router is created on the second (different) host the VM cannot
> get an IP.
>
> What should I check for troubleshooting?…
>
> thanks in advance!

Hean Seng