Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Gerry Reno <gr...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/12 05:21:47 UTC

Jetspeed 1.5 and Java 1.5

My hoster recently upgraded all their JVM's to Java 1.5.  Now my
Jetspeed 1.5 portal is using excessive CPU resources they are telling
me and they have shutdown my portal.  How can I fix the portal to stop
using excessive CPU?

Re: Jetspeed 1.5 and Java 1.5

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Gerry Reno wrote:
> My hoster recently upgraded all their JVM's to Java 1.5.  Now my
> Jetspeed 1.5 portal is using excessive CPU resources they are telling
> me and they have shutdown my portal.  How can I fix the portal to stop
> using excessive CPU?

Upgrade to Jetspeed 2.0 :)

Seriously, it doesnt make sense that upgrading to Java 1.5 would make
your portal run slower. In fact your Java code should run 20 - 30%
faster from what I hear