Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/02 22:22:18 UTC

Re: Early review of DUCC pre-release - release notes vs readme

I will remove DUCC description from the README.

As far as the RELEASE_NOTES for DUCC, I modeled it on the UIMA
RELEASE_NOTES, which
does have
- How to Get Involved
- How to Report Issues

Should I move these two to README? Or should I keep those in RELEASE_NOTES
to keep it
consistent with UIMA?

With respect to Known Limitations, I will move this to DUCCs RELEASE_NOTES

I would propose to defer handling of a version in both the README and
RELEASE_NOTES till
the next release of DUCC.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
On 12/2/2013 4:22 PM, Jaroslaw Cwiklik wrote:
> I will remove DUCC description from the README.
>
> As far as the RELEASE_NOTES for DUCC, I modeled it on the UIMA
> RELEASE_NOTES, which
> does have
> - How to Get Involved
> - How to Report Issues
>
> Should I move these two to README? Or should I keep those in RELEASE_NOTES
> to keep it
> consistent with UIMA?

I'm fine with either approach, but slightly favor these in README.  The next
release manager might change this for UIMA, too.

> With respect to Known Limitations, I will move this to DUCCs RELEASE_NOTES
>
> I would propose to defer handling of a version in both the README and
> RELEASE_NOTES till
> the next release of DUCC.

I think that is perfectly fine.