Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2006/04/10 22:54:18 UTC

Preparing the Incubator Monthly Board Report for April 2006

I have prepared a Wiki page to help prepare this month's board report.

  http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/April2006

Please edit your section this week.  The board calendar is a bit odd this
month, but I have dental surgery on Monday, and don't know how "useful" I
will be next week.

Every project is expected to provide a quarterly report.  We now do them
each month, rotating projects so that each one does a quarterly report.
Projects freshly in the Incubator are asked to provide one each month for
the first quarter of Incubation.  If I missed a section, you are still
required to contribute to the quarterly report, so please just add yourself.

Mentors: you are not required to author the content, but you are responsible
to make sure that it gets done.

Please let us know of any issues, such as legal, community growth, remaining
criteria to be satisfied before the project can graduate from the Incubator,
how Incubation is going, anything that we can do to improve the Incubation
experience, etc.

	--- Noel

P.S.  I've also prep'd the May 2006 page, so that projects can see whom is
this month and whom is next month.

Re: Preparing the Incubator Monthly Board Report for April 2006

Posted by David M Johnson <Da...@Sun.COM>.
Here's what I posted for the April 2006 report. Comments/corrections
welcomed.

Roller development has been proceeding at a steady pace. The mailing
lists seem to be getting more active with new users cropping up all
the time. IBM DeveloperWorks now uses Roller for their blogs, LinPro
AS is working on a large number of installations and North Carolina
State Unversity is support to go live with campus-wide student blogs
powered by Roller before the end of this month.

A Roller 2.2 release candidate was created on the 2nd to last
Thursday of March (per our release cycle), we've gone through 5
release candidates now and a vote was called today (April 18th) for
release.

For Roller 2.3, Allen Gilliland has been doing some major refactoring
work in the Roller backend. Dave Johnson has been working on smaller
issues including support for both weblog entry summary and content. A
2.3 release candidate may be appearing on Thursday, since it's the
2nd to last.

Looking forward, a new development roadmap has been prepared that
covers Roller 2.3, 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2 releases. Dave's Roller talk was
accepted at ApacheCon EU in June 2006.

Other issues: LGPL issues are still unresolved and holding up
graduation.

- Dave

Fwd: Preparing the Incubator Monthly Board Report for April 2006

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.