Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/29 02:03:34 UTC

[m2] Unable to find the mojo 'org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin:

I just started getting this error:

[INFO] Error getting reports from the plugin '
org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin': Unable to find the mojo '
org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin:
2.2:dump-datafile' in the plugin 'org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin'
net/sourceforge/cobertura/coveragedata/CoverageDataContainer

Mick Knutson

http://www.baselogic.com
http://www.blincmagazine.com
http://www.djmick.com
http://www.myspace.com/mickknutson
http://www.myspace.com/BLiNCMagazine
http://tahoe.baselogic.com
---

Re: [m2] Unable to find the mojo 'org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin:

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
[WARNING] Error loading report
org.codehaus.mojo.surefire.SurefireReportMojo- AbstractMethodError:
canGenerateReport()
[INFO] Skipped "About" report, file "index.html" already exists for the
English version.
[INFO] Generate "CPD Report" report.
[INFO] Generate "PMD Report" report.
[INFO] Generate "Continuous Integration" report.
[INFO] Generate "Dependencies" report.
[INFO] Generate "Dependency Convergence" report.
[INFO] Generate "Mailing Lists" report.
[INFO] Generate "Project Summary" report.
[INFO] Generate "Project Team" report.
[INFO] Generate "Global DashBoard Report" report.
[INFO] MultiReportMojo project = Utilities Common (Module Group)
[INFO] MultiReportMojo nb modules = 4
[INFO] MultiReportMojo base directory =
C:\viewstore\esp_lynx_dap\esp\dap\utilities\common
[INFO] MultiReportMojo output directory =
C:\viewstore\esp_lynx_dap\esp\dap\utilities\common\target\site
[INFO] MultiReportMojo report output directory =
C:\viewstore\esp_lynx_dap\esp\dap\utilities\common\target\site
[INFO] MultiReportMojo project language = none
[INFO] Generate "Maven Surefire Report" report.
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Common-Jar
[INFO]    task-segment: [site:site]
[INFO]
Downloading:
http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org//org/codehaus/mojo/cobertura-maven-plugin/2.2/cobertura-maven-plugin-2.2.pom
this realm = app0.child-container[org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin]
urls[0] =
file:/c:/opt/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/mojo/cobertura-maven-plugin/2.2/cobertura-
maven-plugin-2.2.jar
urls[1] =
file:/c:/opt/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-utils/1.1/plexus-
utils-1.1.jar
Number of imports: 4
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@4891bb28
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@f8e44ca4
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@c51bc9e7
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@bece5185

this realm = plexus.core
urls[0] = file:/C:/maven-2.0.7/bin/../lib/maven-core-2.0.7-uber.jar
Number of imports: 4
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@4891bb28
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@f8e44ca4
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@c51bc9e7
import: org.codehaus.classworlds.Entry@bece5185
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error getting reports from the plugin '
org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin': Unable to find the mojo '
org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin:
2.2:dump-datafile' in the plugin 'org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin'
net/sourceforge/cobertura/coveragedata/CoverageDataContainer
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error getting
reports from the plugin 'org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin': Unable
to find th
e mojo 'org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin:2.2:dump-datafile' in the
plugin 'org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin'
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getReports(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:694)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getReports(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:642)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:517)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:493)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:463)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java
:315)
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java
:430)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManagerException: Unable to find
the mojo 'org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin:2.2:dump-datafile' in the
plug
in 'org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin'
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.getConfiguredMojo(
DefaultPluginManager.java:571)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.getReport(
DefaultPluginManager.java:495)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getReports(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:683)
        ... 18 more
Caused by:
org.codehaus.plexus.component.repository.exception.ComponentLookupException:
Unable to lookup component 'org.apache.maven.plugin.Mojoorg.codehau
s.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin:2.2:dump-datafile', it could not be created
        at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(
DefaultPlexusContainer.java:335)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(
DefaultPlexusContainer.java:440)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.getConfiguredMojo(
DefaultPluginManager.java:562)
        ... 20 more
Caused by:
org.codehaus.plexus.component.factory.ComponentInstantiationException: Could
not instanciate component: role: 'null', implementation: 'org.codeh
aus.mojo.cobertura.CoberturaDatafileDumpMojo'
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.factory.java.JavaComponentFactory.makeException
(JavaComponentFactory.java:77)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.factory.java.JavaComponentFactory.newInstance(
JavaComponentFactory.java:62)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.createComponentInstance(
DefaultPlexusContainer.java:1464)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.AbstractComponentManager.createComponentInstance
(AbstractComponentManager.java:93)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.PerLookupComponentManager.getComponent
(PerLookupComponentManager.java:48)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(
DefaultPlexusContainer.java:331)
        ... 22 more
net/sourceforge/cobertura/coveragedata/CoverageDataContainer
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2357)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.factory.java.JavaComponentFactory.newInstance(
JavaComponentFactory.java:44)
        ... 26 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 30 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Dec 28 18:18:30 PST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 46M/84M
[INFO]

Re: [m2] Unable to find the mojo 'org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin:

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
Opps, yes luginManagement.

But I can't try this til Monday when I get in the office.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Well dependencyManagement only works for build plugins - not for
reporting plugins. So if you have cobertura-maven-plugin specified
inside <reporting> in some pom, it will not use the version you
specified in dependencyManagement.

Dennis Lundberg

Re: [m2] Unable to find the mojo 'org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin:

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Mick Knutson wrote:
> All I am doing is a site:site
>
> This was working 2 weeks ago, and I have not upgraded cobertura.
> I have a multi-module project. In my main pom i have the
> dependancyManagement declaration as I posted here.
>
> Then for only the modules that I want to run cobertura on, I have the
> plugin, and a report declared. Bothe declarations are generic so the version
> should come from dependancyManagement  from my main pom.
>

> On Dec 28, 2007 10:43 PM, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Dec 28, 2007 11:01 PM, Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> As far as the reporting, I only have a generic declaration in reporting
>> and
>>> there is no reference to a version at all.
>>> I also tried moving to 2.2 but I get the same error.....
>> When you do what, exactly?   You've pasted configuration and errors,
>> but never said what you're typing.  How can someone reproduce the
>> error?
>>
>> Looking at it again...
>>
>>> [INFO] Error getting reports from the plugin '
>>> org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin': Unable to find the mojo '
>>> org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin:
>>> 2.2:dump-datafile' in the plugin '
>> org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin'
>>> net/sourceforge/cobertura/coveragedata/CoverageDataContainer
>> It's complaining about 'dump-datafile', but I don't see an execution
>> of that goal in what you pasted.
>>
>> Another strange thing:  the package in the error says
>> net.sourceforge.cobertura.  There is (or was) a Cobertura plugin at
>> Sourceforge, but the one from Codehaus Mojo is in the
>> org/codehaus/mojo/cobertura package.
>>
>> You pasted this and highlighted it for some reason... why are you
>> using net.sourceforge here?
>>
>>>                       <systemProperties>
>>>                           <property>
>>>                             * <name>net.sourceforge.cobertura.datafile
>> </name>*
>> <value>${basedir}/target/cobertura/cobertura.ser</value>
>>>                          </property>
>> Is anyone else having this problem, or just you?  At this point I
>> would delete my local repository and let it download everything again.
>>
>> --
>> Wendy

Dennis Lundberg

Re: [m2] Unable to find the mojo 'org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin:

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
All I am doing is a site:site

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
You need to specify version=2.2 in both <build> and <report> sections

putting 2.2 in pluginManagement is not good enought

-D

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hmm....

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
[...]

[INFO] Total time: 31 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Dec 28 18:09:20 PST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 41M/75M
[INFO]

Re: [m2] Unable to find the mojo 'org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin:

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Mick,

If you are moving to version 2.2 of the cobertura-maven-plugin, then you
should remove the <dataFile> and <systemProperties>-hack from your pom.

Dennis Lundberg

Re: [m2] Unable to find the mojo 'org.codehaus.mojo:cobertura-maven-plugin:

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.