Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de> on 2001/06/12 21:43:54 UTC

Problems with cocoon-2.0b1 and tomcat-4.0-b5

Hello.

I tried running cocoon 2.0b1 with tomcat-4.0-b5 on Windows 2000 with JDK
1.3.1. It works, but it takes incredibly long to startup and compile
sitemaps etc.

I.e. calling the root at http://localhost:8080/cocoon takes something
about 10 minutes at a Pentium III-1 GHz, 512Meg RAM. Calling the simple
hello world-Sample still takes a minute or so.

Anyone else encountered this problem? I only installed cocoon 2 as
described in the docs via building the WAR-File and copying it to the
webapps directory.

Stefan Seifert

Re: Problems with cocoon-2.0b1 and tomcat-4.0-b5

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Stefan Seifert wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I tried running cocoon 2.0b1 with tomcat-4.0-b5 on Windows 2000 with JDK
> 1.3.1. It works, but it takes incredibly long to startup and compile
> sitemaps etc.
>
> I.e. calling the root at http://localhost:8080/cocoon takes something
> about 10 minutes at a Pentium III-1 GHz, 512Meg RAM. Calling the simple
> hello world-Sample still takes a minute or so.
>
> Anyone else encountered this problem? I only installed cocoon 2 as
> described in the docs via building the WAR-File and copying it to the
> webapps directory.

Strange! On my COMPAQ Armada M700, Linux 2.4, 320Meg mem, it took
exactly 1 minute from hiting enter in the browser until I get the
welcome page running on a clear TC4.0 (means no precompiled sitemap, and
it had to expand the cocoon.war)

Giacomo