Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Tobias Bouschen <to...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2021/02/13 13:10:49 UTC

GitBox notification settings

Hi all,

as discussed as part of the last conference call, I have been looking
into the GitBox notification settings. So far, I could not find any
further information on GitBox-specific notification options. But,
looking at the page listing the current notification options, it sounds
like some configuration changes trigger a notification to the "(P)PMC"
(see text at the bottom of https://gitbox.apache.org/schemes.cgi?db-jdo).

My current assumption is that setting up branch protection counts as
such a special action (which would make sense with the wide range of
restrictions it allows you to impose on the protected branch), meaning
the notification to 'private@db.apache.org' was meant as a notification
for the PMCs.

So, before actually creating an INFRA jira for this topic, I would first
like to see whether changing the notification settings causes a similar
message to the private list. Furthermore, I would like to see what
effects the new notification settings have. Re-reading the wiki
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/git+-+.asf.yaml+features#Git.asf.yamlfeatures-Notificationsettingsforrepositories),
the options are not listed in a GitHub-specific section but rather as
general notification options, so I would assume that the settings should
apply to both GitHub and GitBox.

Craig, you already approved PR #27
(https://github.com/apache/db-jdo-site/pull/27) introducing the new
notification settings. Does anybody else have an issue with merging it?

Also, to make the general contribution process easier/cleaner, I would
like to discuss review/merging etiquette during the next conference
call. It would be nice to have conventions on how to deal with
contributions outside of directly reviewing them as part of the
conference call.

Best regards,
Tobias

Re: GitBox notification settings

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.
Thanks! This seems like a fine arrangement to me.

bryan

Posted by Tobias Bouschen <to...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.