Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@wyona.org> on 2003/05/05 23:29:59 UTC

cocooncenter in pubs CVS module

Hi Lenya developers,

would you mind if I added the cocooncenter publication to the
pubs CVS module?

It would be a showcase for

- the migration of a Cocoon site to Lenya
- the Lucene search interface
- dynamically generated SVG-based layout
- (probably) integration of a MovableType-based weblog

What do you think?

Andreas

Re: cocooncenter in pubs CVS module

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.com>.
"Andreas Hartmann" <an...@wyona.org> writes:

> would you mind if I added the cocooncenter publication to the
> pubs CVS module?
>
> What do you think?

Sound good to me.

--
Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.com   +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich

Re: cocooncenter in pubs CVS module

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@wyona.com>.
> would you mind if I added the cocooncenter publication to the
> pubs CVS module?

+1

(anything with the word blog in it has magic powers.)

-gregor

Re: cocooncenter in pubs CVS module

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@wyona.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:
> Christian Egli wrote:

>>> "cocooncenter" is perfect.
>>>

>> I'm confused. What is the agreement?
>> 1) put it in the wyona CVS repository in the pubs module
>>

> I guess you mean the pubs directory within the lenya module within the
> wyona.org CVS repository

I don't think so, he probably means the separate "pubs" module.

>> 2) add a new module in the wyona CVS repository named "cocooncenter"
>> 3) put it in the pubs module and have an alias "cocooncenter"
>>

> I guess it's (2) or (3), but the choice is up to Andreas

It's both fine with me, choose the solution that is easier to setup.
If I can just put it in the separate "pubs" module, that would be
great.

Thanks!

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@apache.org>.
Christian Egli wrote:

>"Andreas Hartmann" <an...@wyona.org> writes:
>

>>>Definitely. Let's create a module. I guess you prefer "cocooncenter" as
>>>module name? Or anything else?
>>>

>>"cocooncenter" is perfect.
>>

>I'm confused. What is the agreement?
>
>1) put it in the wyona CVS repository in the pubs module

I guess you mean the pubs directory within the lenya module within the
wyona.org CVS repository

>2) add a new module in the wyona CVS repository named "cocooncenter"
>3) put it in the pubs module and have an alias "cocooncenter"

I guess it's (2) or (3), but the choice is up to Andreas

Thanks

Michael

Re: cocooncenter in pubs CVS module

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.com>.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@wyona.org>.

> Andreas Hartmann wrote:

>>>Well, I think cocooncenter is a great publication (that's how we got to
>>>know each other ;-)
>>>and it would be great to have it as a Lenya publication, but I think
>>>it's confusing for people
>>>to have a publication, which isn't really a "minimal" Lenya publication
>>>yet, which IMHO means
>>>Authoring/Live area, protected by Access Controller, Editable, and
>>>Publisher integrated.
>>>

>>OK, this is of course an argument. Of course, I wouldn't use all of
>>these features (e.g., access controlling), but only the ones that I need.
>>

>>>Wouldn't it make more sense to have it within the scratchpad
>>>publications module or
>>>

>>Is there such a module?
>>

> yup, it's "pubs". Maybe we should rename it to "scratchpad-pubs" or
> whatever ...

Actually, this is the module that I meant.
Of course, I wouldn't add it to the lenya CVS module ;)

>>>even a separate module
>>>

>>That would be good.
>>

> sure, we can create one at www.wyona.org. I guess we can't create one at
> Apache, but maybe you want to ask.

I could at least try it.
But at wyona it would be OK, if it is easy to setup.

>>>and as soon as it is really a "Lenya publication"
>>>include it into the official "publications" directory?
>>>

>>Maybe we should really define when a publication is worth to be put
>>in this module?
>>
> yeah, I think it would make sense.
>
>> But this can wait until there are more requests of
>>people who really want to get their publications in *this* module.
>>I only want to make my sources available to the public and access it
>>from everywhere.
>>

> Definitely. Let's create a module. I guess you prefer "cocooncenter" as
> module name? Or anything else?

"cocooncenter" is perfect.

Thank you!

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@wyona.org>.

> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
>> Michael Wechner wrote:

>>> Have you already made it "lenyable"?
>>

>> It basically runs in Lenya.
>> It is not yet Browser-editable, but that would be
>> good practise for me. And I would like to integrate
>> the new navigation framework.
>
> Well, I think cocooncenter is a great publication (that's how we got to
> know each other ;-)
> and it would be great to have it as a Lenya publication, but I think
> it's confusing for people
> to have a publication, which isn't really a "minimal" Lenya publication
> yet, which IMHO means
> Authoring/Live area, protected by Access Controller, Editable, and
> Publisher integrated.

OK, this is of course an argument. Of course, I wouldn't use all of
these features (e.g., access controlling), but only the ones that I need.

> Wouldn't it make more sense to have it within the scratchpad
> publications module or

Is there such a module?

> even a separate module

That would be good.

> and as soon as it is really a "Lenya publication"
> include it into the official "publications" directory?

Maybe we should really define when a publication is worth to be put
in this module? But this can wait until there are more requests of

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Lenya developers,
>>>
>>> would you mind if I added the cocooncenter publication to the
>>> pubs CVS module?
>>>
>>> It would be a showcase for
>>>
>>> - the migration of a Cocoon site to Lenya
>>> - the Lucene search interface
>>> - dynamically generated SVG-based layout
>>> - (probably) integration of a MovableType-based weblog
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>>

>> Have you already made it "lenyable"?
>

> It basically runs in Lenya.
> It is not yet Browser-editable, but that would be
> good practise for me. And I would like to integrate
> the new navigation framework.

Well, I think cocooncenter is a great publication (that's how we got to
know each other ;-)
and it would be great to have it as a Lenya publication, but I think
it's confusing for people
to have a publication, which isn't really a "minimal" Lenya publication
yet, which IMHO means
Authoring/Live area, protected by Access Controller, Editable, and
Publisher integrated.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have it within the scratchpad
publications module or
even a separate module and as soon as it is really a "Lenya publication"

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@wyona.org>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.