Posted to user@struts.apache.org by אלחנן מעין <em...@msn.com> on 2007/05/10 07:40:56 UTC

[S2] alternate tag layouts?

hi..

i saw that all you do in struts tag is place them inside a form tag, and it
automatically renders them as a 2 columns table, but if i want a diffeent
layout? what if i want to have several controls in one group ,and several
controls in another group next to them  (like in  frames) ?

Re: [S2] alternate tag layouts?

Posted by אלחנן מעין <em...@msn.com>.
is there anyway to define the wird of the text aread? i've used it in a
table where one rows has to timepicker elements (next to each other ,from
time to time, what's why i wanted simple theme), but the toTIme field to far
away from the fromTime field, becouse the textarea in rows below it widens
the entire table, so either shorten the text area or somehow find away to
get the 2 time fields closer, i know this is something to do with html
layouts or something.

Re: [S2] alternate tag layouts?

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.

Re: [S2] alternate tag layouts?

Posted by אלחנן מעין <em...@msn.com>.
can i use the simple theme just for the form, and use the usuall ones of all
other forms?

when you say render manualy what do you mean exactl? the current beaviour is
that error messages appear automtially which is nice, but they appear rather
misplaced, so placeing them where i want sounds pretty good to me, i like
the fact the lables turn red automatially will i loose that, or can i link
them to  a specific and still have them lit up? if so, and all i loose is
just automatic placementm, then i'm fine with that it would be like asp.net,

Re: [S2] alternate tag layouts?

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.

Re: [S2] alternate tag layouts?

Posted by אלחנן מעין <em...@msn.com>.