Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Robin Garner <ro...@anu.edu.au> on 2005/10/21 00:20:43 UTC

Build problem on Linux

I'm having problems building the boot JVM.  running jvm/build.sh I get

src/timeslice.c:82:71: thread.h: No such file or directory
src/timeslice.c: In function `timeslice_tick':
src/timeslice.c:221: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct itimerval'
src/timeslice.c: In function `timeslice_run':
src/timeslice.c:260: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct itimerval'
src/timeslice.c:262: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct itimerval'
src/timeslice.c:264: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct itimerval'
src/timeslice.c:266: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct itimerval'
src/timeslice.c:279: warning: implicit declaration of function `setitimer'
src/timeslice.c:279: error: `ITIMER_REAL' undeclared (first use in this
function)
src/timeslice.c:279: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
src/timeslice.c:279: error: for each function it appears in.)
src/timeslice.c:311: warning: implicit declaration of function `yield'
src/timeslice.c: At top level:
src/timeslice.c:178: error: storage size of `timeslice_period' isn't known
gcc: bin/timeslice.o: No such file or directory

Is this a header file missing ?  I'm running gentoo with a 2.6.13 kernel
and gcc 3.3.

By the way, the top level config.sh/build.sh seems to expect that "." is
in the path.  And any chance of getting this to build using a real build
tool ?  Make ?  Ant ? (or is ant only for java ?)

cheers

Re: Build problem on Linux

Posted by Jean-frederic Clere <jf...@telefonica.net>.
Robin Garner wrote:

>I'm having problems building the boot JVM.  running jvm/build.sh I get
>
>src/timeslice.c:82:71: thread.h: No such file or directory
>src/timeslice.c: In function `timeslice_tick':
>src/timeslice.c:221: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct itimerval'
>src/timeslice.c: In function `timeslice_run':
>src/timeslice.c:260: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct itimerval'
>src/timeslice.c:262: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct itimerval'
>src/timeslice.c:264: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct itimerval'
>src/timeslice.c:266: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct itimerval'
>src/timeslice.c:279: warning: implicit declaration of function `setitimer'
>src/timeslice.c:279: error: `ITIMER_REAL' undeclared (first use in this
>function)
>src/timeslice.c:279: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>src/timeslice.c:279: error: for each function it appears in.)
>src/timeslice.c:311: warning: implicit declaration of function `yield'
>src/timeslice.c: At top level:
>src/timeslice.c:178: error: storage size of `timeslice_period' isn't known
>gcc: bin/timeslice.o: No such file or directory
>
>Is this a header file missing ?  I'm running gentoo with a 2.6.13 kernel
>and gcc 3.3.

Try the enclosed patch.

Re: [bootvm] Build (was Re: Build problem on Linux)

Posted by Jean-frederic Clere <jf...@telefonica.net>.
Matt Benson wrote:

>All:
>
>--- "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>On Oct 20, 2005, at 11:20 PM, Robin Garner wrote:
>>

>>>By the way, the top level config.sh/build.sh seems
>>>

>>to expect that
>>

>>>"." is
>>>in the path.  And any chance of getting this to
>>>

>>build using a real
>>

>>>build
>>>tool ?  Make ?  Ant ? (or is ant only for java ?)
>>>

>>I'd be happy with either make or ant.  It would be
>>nice to see at
>>least what it might look like in ant...  Someone can
>>propose to
>>switch if we had an example of how it would work
>><hint> :)

Normaly autoconf/automake and friends are the way to build C project.
Mixing ant with them is not very easy.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
All:

http://mail.yahoo.com

[bootvm] Build (was Re: Build problem on Linux)

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.