Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Gautam Deb <ga...@in2m.com> on 2007/06/27 08:06:34 UTC

OFBiz cache settings

We are using OFBiz as the framework for our application. Sometimes back
we were facing some OUT OF MEMORY errors with OFBiz running in our
Production Servers, which forced us to restart the server almost once
every week. The solution we found for this is by optimizing the
cache.properties file. Some of the entities for which we optimized the
cache are -

entitycache.entity-list.default.PartyRelationship.maxSize=300000
entitycache.entity-list.default.PartyRelationship.expireTime=86400000
entitycache.entity-list.default.PartyRelationship.useSoftReference=true

entitycache.entity.default.ProductPriceRule.maxSize=1800
entitycache.entity.default.ProductPriceRule.expireTime=86400000
entitycache.entity.default.ProductPriceRule.useSoftReference=true

This solved the OUT OF MEMORY issue completely, but now we are facing
some other issues as a side effect of these settings, we guess. The
issue is like -

[ServiceDispatcher.java:runSync:410 :ERROR] :: Service Error
[createPartyRelationship]: Error running the simple-method: Error in
simple-method operation [<create-value/>]:
java.util.ConcurrentModificationException<br/>null

Any pointer will be helpful.

Regards,
Gautam Deb