Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by zarni aung <za...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/29 18:05:17 UTC

Field Value Highlighting

Hi,

I need help in figuring out the right configuration to perform highlighting
in Solr.  I can retrieve the matching documents plus the highlighted
matches.

I've done another tool called DTSearch where it would return the offset
positions of the field value to highlight.  I've tried a few different
configurations but it appears that Solr returns the actual matched documents
+ a section called highlighting with snippets (which can be configured to
have length of 'X').  I was wondering if there is a way to retrieve just the
actual documents with highlighted values or a way to retrieve the offset
position of the field values so that I can perform highlighting.

I am using SolrNet client to integrate to Solr.  I've also tweaked the
configs and used the web admin interface to test highlighting but not yet
successful.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Field Value Highlighting

Posted by Kalpana <ks...@portalsolutions.net>.
Hello

I am looking for something similar - did you find a solution?

Thanks