Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Krzysztof Szlapinski <kr...@starline.hk> on 2008/07/03 22:30:14 UTC

Tables location control

hi,
Is it possible to control where a certain table data is located physically.
For example if I know that one of my tables in the system will be
heavily used then I would like it to be stored and maintained by the
most powerful node.

Krzysiek

Re: [?? Probable Spam] Re: Tables location control

Posted by Krzysztof Szlapinski <kr...@starline.hk>.
Jean-Daniel Cryans writes:
> What kind of setup do you have? Maybe it will help us to solve your problem
> in another way.

Just wondering ;)
But thx for your answer.

Krzysiek

Re: Tables location control

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@gmail.com>.
Krzysiek,

I think that what you want to do isn't really in the spirit of
Bigtable/HBase. Reliability and performance are achieved by a big number of
commodity nodes and not a small bunch of bigger ones in this context.

What kind of setup do you have? Maybe it will help us to solve your problem
in another way.

Regards,

J-D