Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by balu <ja...@igindex.co.uk> on 2009/02/04 07:16:36 UTC

Apache Qpid problems

I am running the qpid-broker which is  integrated with my application, i am
dynamically creating the queues and sending messages every second to the
queues, it runs fine for sometime and gives the below Exception-1 in the
broker console...  and after that it gives another #Exception-2 in my
application console.

and Exception-2 is it  gives Out of Memory Exception in my
application........
Exception-1:
--------------
505712 [pool-2-thread-1] ERROR
org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.AMQProtocolSessio
n  - Unexpected exception while processing frame.  Closing connection.
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.qpid.server.handler.ChannelOpenHandler.methodReceived(Chan
nelOpenHandler.java:57)
        at
org.apache.qpid.server.handler.ServerMethodDispatcherImpl.dispatchCha
nnelOpen(ServerMethodDispatcherImpl.java:173)
        at
org.apache.qpid.framing.amqp_0_9.ChannelOpenBodyImpl.execute(ChannelO
penBodyImpl.java:113)
        at
org.apache.qpid.server.state.AMQStateManager.methodReceived(AMQStateM
anager.java:204)
        at
org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.AMQMinaProtocolSession.methodFrameRec
eived(AMQMinaProtocolSession.java:298)
        at
org.apache.qpid.framing.AMQMethodBodyImpl.handle(AMQMethodBodyImpl.ja
va:93)
        at
org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.AMQMinaProtocolSession.frameReceived(
AMQMinaProtocolSession.java:240)
        at
org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.AMQMinaProtocolSession.dataBlockRecei
ved(AMQMinaProtocolSession.java:197)
        at
org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.AMQPFastProtocolHandler.messageReceiv
ed(AMQPFastProtocolHandler.java:244)
        at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messa
geReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:703)
        at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageR
eceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:362)
        at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1200(Abst
ractIoFilterChain.java:54)
        at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.mess
ageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)
        at
org.apache.qpid.pool.PoolingFilter.messageReceived(PoolingFilter.java
:334)
        at
org.apache.mina.filter.ReferenceCountingIoFilter.messageReceived(Refe
renceCountingIoFilter.java:96)
        at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageR
eceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:362)
        at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1200(Abst
ractIoFilterChain.java:54)
        at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.mess
ageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)
        at
org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flus
h(SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.java:60)
        at
org.apache.mina.filter.codec.QpidProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(
QpidProtocolCodecFilter.java:174)
        at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageR
eceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:362)
        at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1200(Abst
ractIoFilterChain.java:54)
        at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.mess
ageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)
        at org.apache.qpid.pool.Event$ReceivedEvent.process(Event.java:86)
        at org.apache.qpid.pool.Job.processAll(Job.java:114)
        at org.apache.qpid.pool.Job.run(Job.java:153)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExec
utor.java:885)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor
.java:907)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Exception-2 :
-------------

pool-1-thread-110 2009-02-04 06:02:56,509 INFO
[apache.qpid.jms.FailoverPolicy]
Failover method timeout
Exception in thread "pool-1-thread-249" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java
heap sp
ace
pool-1-thread-117 2009-02-04 06:02:21,026 INFO
[apache.qpid.client.AMQConnection
] Unable to connect to broker at tcp://igvmpc107:5672
org.apache.qpid.AMQTimeoutException: Server did not respond in a timely
fashion
[error code 408: Request Timeout]
        at
org.apache.qpid.client.util.BlockingWaiter.block(BlockingWaiter.java:
176)
        at
org.apache.qpid.client.state.StateWaiter.await(StateWaiter.java:110)
        at
org.apache.qpid.client.state.StateWaiter.await(StateWaiter.java:87)
        at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnectionDelegate_8_0.makeBrokerConnection
(AMQConnectionDelegate_8_0.java:105)
        at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnection.makeBrokerConnection(AMQConnecti
on.java:629)
        at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnection.<init>(AMQConnection.java:422)
        at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnectionFactory.createConnection(AMQConne
ctionFactory.java:276)
        at
uk.co.igindex.orderhistory.metrics.thread.MetricsQPIDContributor.<ini
t>(MetricsQPIDContributor.java:45)
        at
uk.co.igindex.orderhistory.metrics.thread.MetricsThread.writeToQPID(M
etricsThread.java:147)
        at
uk.co.igindex.orderhistory.metrics.thread.MetricsThread.writeMetricsE
pics(MetricsThread.java:104)
        at
uk.co.igindex.orderhistory.metrics.thread.MetricsThread.run(MetricsTh
read.java:75)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExec
utor.java:885)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor
.java:907)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
pool-1-thread-117 2009-02-04 06:03:02,696 INFO
[apache.qpid.jms.FailoverPolicy]
Failover method timeout
 In QPID
 In QPID
pool-1-thread-164 2009-02-04 06:02:21,026 INFO

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Apache Qpid problems

Posted by balu <ja...@igindex.co.uk>.
Hi,

I fixed the Exception-1 somehow by Editing my virtualhosts.xml and removed
my M<exchange> element and the exception disappears from the console,tell me
is this the right way to do...

answers for your questions:
I am using M4 version and using default message store.i named a virtualhost
called development and no queue definitions in it.I am running with 1 GB
memory where QPID will run on 3Gb, i think i should switch to 3 GB.the
message size contains more or less 20 bytes.

Hi,  I've got a few questions that will help figure out what's going on.

What version of Qpid are you using, and what message store do you have
configured?
Have you set up any virtual hosts?
How much memory are you running the broker with and what message
volumes are you sending through?

The clientside OOM just indicates that your application ran out of
available memory when it was in Qpid code, not that there was
necessarily something wrong in the client. Have you profiled your
application to find out what's using the memory?

- Aidan
http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Apache Qpid problems

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@gmail.com>.