Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Venkat Rangan <ve...@clariussystems.com> on 2012/11/24 05:17:34 UTC

Linux install of qpid fails

Hi,

I downloaded the latest qpid C++ source, and then attempted to build - the
./configure command fails with 'missing header files', which happen to be
Boost header files. Now, I also did a 'yum install boost' which succeeds,
but the header files are still not found.

What are the right steps to install C++ qpid version on Linux (Amazon AMI).

thanks.

Re: Linux install of qpid fails

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 11/24/2012 04:17 AM, Venkat Rangan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded the latest qpid C++ source, and then attempted to build - the
> ./configure command fails with 'missing header files', which happen to be
> Boost header files. Now, I also did a 'yum install boost' which succeeds,
> but the header files are still not found.

Have you tried 'yum install boost-devel'? I'm not familiar with the
Amazon AMI packaging, but on Fedora the headers are often in a separate
-devel rpm.