Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/27 10:34:02 UTC

Re: [2.x] Tuscany webapp support

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 12:20 PM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The current Tuscany Webapp support that we have in 1.x is described on the
> wiki page at [1], I'd like to start bringing this up in the 2.x code base so
> we need to decide what we want to support. Right now i'm focusing on similar
> support as we have in 1.x where the webapp is a container for a Tuscany
> runtime and not so much on the webapp as an SCA contribution which requires
> deep integration into the servlet container (which we're working on
> separately with the Tuscany-Geronimo plugin work).
>
> So in 1.x we support three ways of defining the composites included in the
> webapp:
>
> - using a META-INF/sca-contributions.xml
> - by including deployable composite files within a folder named
> META-INF/sca-deployables
> - by using an WEB-INF/web.composite application composite
>
> How about dropping those first two and only supporting web.composite in
> 2.x?
>
>    ...ant
>
> [1]
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/SCA+Java+Web+Applications

An FYI on this, the basic webapp support provided host-webapp and
implementation.web is working now and there are some samples in the the
samples/webapp folder demonstrating it. So far you can embed a non-web sca
application within a webapp or for web enabled applications you can use
implementation.web and there are some samples showing that using JSP or
Stripes, JSF and Wicket are almost there. Next i'd like to get some of the
JavaScript web client libraries like prototype, dojo and jquery working with
Tuscany, need to finish binging up the DWR binding to do that.

   ...ant