Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Orciuch, Mark" <mo...@nisource.com> on 2001/04/17 16:19:37 UTC

Turbine security groups using Flux

What is the concept of having groups in Turbine security architecture? It seems that only the "global" group is being recognized. When I dump the permissions from the ACL object, only permissions granted via the global group are present.

For example, I created a group called GROUP1, created persmission PERM1, created user USER1, and created role ROLE1. Using the Flux administrative interface, I granted PERM1 to role ROLE1, then I assigned USER1 role ROLE1 within GROUP1. How do I know which groups is the user enrolled in? There are only methods within AccessControlList to getPermissions for global group or specific group. I am missing some fundamental concept here.

Best regards,

Mark Orciuch
219.647.4122
morciuch@nisource.com

Re: Turbine security groups using Flux

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 4/17/01 8:15 AM, "Michael Stanley" <mp...@syr.edu> wrote:

> How do I know which groups is the user enrolled in?

"Group" in the ACL system is poorly named. It isn't a user->group mapping.

There is tons of discussion on this in the archives. I hope that Jason or
someone else will pull it out and post it to the website. :-)

-jon

Re: Turbine security groups using Flux

Posted by Michael Stanley <mp...@syr.edu>.
> For example, I created a group called GROUP1, created persmission PERM1,
created user USER1, and created role ROLE1. Using the Flux administrative
interface, I granted PERM1 to role ROLE1, then I assigned USER1 role ROLE1
within GROUP1. How do I know which groups is the user enrolled in? There
are only methods within AccessControlList to getPermissions for global
group or specific group. I am missing some fundamental concept here.

Acl.hasRole("role1", "group1")

or if you can see if the user has role1 within a groupset

Acl.hasRole("role1", groupset)

the groupset can contain all the groups your interested in knowing about
(all the groups of your system for example)

i.e.

Acl.hasRole("admin", allGroups)

Mike