Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> on 2012/08/26 21:01:47 UTC

Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project fulcrum-parser (in module turbine-fulcrum) failed

Hi General Gump,

On 23.08.12 04:00, fulcrum-parser development wrote:
> Tests run: 5, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.223 sec <<< FAILURE!
>
> Results :
>
> Tests in error:
>   testAddPathInfo(org.apache.fulcrum.parser.ParameterParserTest)

Any chance to get access to the target directory of the build? No idea
why the test fails.

Bye, Thomas.

new committer, Jetspeed-1 / turbine-4 compatibility, json filter, fulcrum-parser

Posted by Georg Kallidis <ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de>.
Hello Turbine developers,

as I recently was asked by Thomas Vandahl to become a committer to the
Turbine project I accepted.

The case for me is, that I´m developing a OS project (ODC
http://opendc.distributed-campus.org/), which is still based on Jetspeed
1.6, http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-1/). Jetspeed 1.6 is for many
parts just a thin layer on the turbine-framework and I was able to
upgrade with the help of some hints on the turbine website from turbine
version 2.2 to 2.3.3 and even to turbine-4 (patched 4.0-M2-SNAPSHOT).
The last step resulted in some issues, which are desccribed here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRB-85. The reason is: Jetspeed
1.6 depends on the caching mechanism of Turbine Rundata, that is the
deprecated methods org.apache.turbine.util.RunData.getOut() et al. So, I
would favour keeping this backward-compatible.

- I would support releasing the fulcrum-parser component (1.3-SNAPSHOT),
cft. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRB-91.

Suggestion for future development: I find myself using more and more the
JSON data channel (btw. com.metaparadigm became org.jabsorb with new
host http://code.google.com/p/jabsorb/). To think about less data
exposure, filtering methods seems to be good idea, which is supported by
e.g. Jackson http://wiki.fasterxml.com/JacksonFeatureJsonFilter.

FYI: I´ll attend this years ApacheCon Europe.

Best regards, Georg

Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project fulcrum-parser (in module turbine-fulcrum) failed

Posted by Ludwig Magnusson <lu...@mediatool.com>.
Hello.
I found a ClassNotFoundException for class
org.apache.commons.io.output.DeferredFileOutputStream. It was located in
commons-io so I added it as a runtime dependency.
The tests pass now.
/Ludwig