Posted to dev@mnemonic.apache.org by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> on 2016/04/14 00:49:13 UTC

Kudos and keeping the status page updated.

Hi folks. Kudos on getting bootstrapped and filing your first report.
I have been very impressed with the progress.

One thing you should get into the habit of doing is reviewing your
incubation status page each/every time you file a report (prior to
filing the report really).

I'm talking about this page:
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/mnemonic.html
and more specifically the "Incubation work items" section.  Please go
through the list ASAP and ensure that whatever is completed is noted
("NA" is also possible) along with the date of _completion_. For
example it's very important to verify that all mentors are signed up
for the lists, hence an early item is "Subscribe all Mentors on the
pmc and general lists.", etc....

Additionally a few comments:
1) You should get your cwiki setup, I can help you with this if you
give me a cwiki account id for 1 or 2 folks that would like to start
as administrators for your "space".

Typically you want all your "non product documentation" on the wiki,
things that are geared for developers (vs users which is typically on
the web site), etc... What lives where is up to you but I usually see
stuff targeted at community members/developers on the cwiki. Things
that might change relatively frequently and are not release version
specific.

2) Remove "extra" from your project info. I don't see where that adds
value and might be confusing. Folks can query your jira to see who's
contributing, and that's typically a good place to keep an eye out for
folks that should be moved up to committer. (although that depends on
how you track things in jira...)

3) there is a "incubation status reports" section on that page, not
sure the value but you should probably link it to the incubator report
pages which contain your report.

Regards,

Patrick

Re: Kudos and keeping the status page updated.

Posted by "Gangumalla, Uma" <um...@intel.com>.
Hi Guys,

Cwiki space has been created for Mnemonic project now.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MNEMONIC/Apache+Mnemonic+Home

Please create your accounts and get the access for creating/editing the
pages.

@Yanping, you can also create presentations page and upload your
presentation talk tutorials in that page.
I will try to work on create "How to contribute² page.

Regards,
Uma

Posted by "Gangumalla, Uma" <um...@intel.com>.
Hi all,