Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Karl Kildén <ka...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/03 14:13:41 UTC

Deadlock in Eclipselink

Hello guys!

I am trying to use a pessimistic lock to assign master in a cluster. It
seems fine in my tests but I feel worried because the timeout is not
working.

Basically my first thread locks and then the second thread seems to be
hanging forever? Details here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25643966/eclipse-deadlocks-when-using-pessimistic-lock

Would appreciate any tips ;)

Re: Deadlock in Eclipselink

Posted by Karl Kildén <ka...@gmail.com>.
OpenJPA knows what's up...

<openjpa-2.4.0-nonfinal-1598334-r422266:1599166 fatal general error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: The database
dictionary in use ("class org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.HSQLDictionary")
reports that it does not have feature "SupportsSelectForUpdate".  This
feature is needed to complete the current operation.  To force OpenJPA to
try to use the feature anyway, set the following property:
openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary: SupportsSelectForUpdate=<value>