Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org> on 2008/03/05 21:09:50 UTC

File Install bundle

Hello everyone,

I have committed Peter Kriens' File Install contribution to the trunk in
the "fileinstall" directory. I made an attempt at creating a pom file
for it, so it is buildable, but I didn't test if the bundle actually works.

I made minor modifications to the source to change the package names and
references to "aQute", but otherwise it should be unchanged.

If someone has interest in this bundle, feel free to take the lead on
it. For starters, test it out and make sure it works. If so, add it into
the main build. It should be ready for a release at that point, I would
imagine.

We just need to scrounge up some documentation.

Have fun.

-> richard

Re: File Install bundle

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Rodrigo Madera wrote:
> There we go: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-512
>
> Did Peter Kriens donate this to Apache?

Yes, he did.

> Is he even a member here?

You don't need to be member to contribute to Apache.

> Well, anyways, thanks Peter for your utility.

Yep, thanks Peter.

-> richard

> Regards,
> Rodrigo Madera
>
> On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 2:50 AM, Stuart McCulloch <
> stuart.mcculloch@jayway.net> wrote:
>

>> On 06/03/2008, Rodrigo Madera <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Since you brought it up, just a recommendation for it...
>>>
>>> Make it *sort* the files it reads before it installs them, that way we
>>>
>> can
>>
>>> use names as in:
>>>
>>> 0100_bundle_one
>>> 0110_bundle_two

Re: File Install bundle

Posted by Rodrigo Madera <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: File Install bundle

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.

--
Cheers, Stuart

Re: File Install bundle

Posted by Rodrigo Madera <ro...@gmail.com>.

Fwd: File Install bundle

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.
Hi folks,

This is an ideal candidate if someone would like to get involved more in
Felix.
It's a small codebase (Peter Kriens' FileInstall bundle) which needs only a