Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by George Stanchev <Gs...@serena.com> on 2006/12/15 00:15:43 UTC

setting actor in the outgoing wsse headers

Hi,

Is there a way to set the actor of the outgoing security headers using rampart?

I would like to create 2 security headers on an outgoing message - one with the
default actor and another targeting a specific actor name.

I am not able to find a way to do it via the (now deprecated) configuration methods
using OutflowConfiguration() objects.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

George Stanchev

are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Re: setting actor in the outgoing wsse headers

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
On 12/15/06, George Stanchev <Gs...@serena.com> wrote:
> Hi Ruchith,
>
> I have related question though. Say I create my own
> wsse header and inject it in the outgoing message alongside
> with the wsse header created by rampart.
> Would an axis2 rampart just ignore my custom wsse
> header on the service side?

As of now ... we reuse an existing wsse header.  Therefore other info
will be appended to the header that that you added.

> If say I have UsernameToken action in the
> InflowConfiguration, and provide 2 wsse headers -
> one being the "default" and the other targeted towards
> a particular actor - would the service-side rampart
> just ignore the "actor"-ed one?

There is some support to specify the actor in processing the
security header in WSS4J. Let me have a closer look at it and see whether
this is already supported and how.

Thanks,
Ruchith

www.ruchith.org
www.wso2.org

RE: setting actor in the outgoing wsse headers

Posted by George Stanchev <Gs...@serena.com>.
Hi Ruchith,

I have related question though. Say I create my own
wsse header and inject it in the outgoing message alongside
with the wsse header created by rampart.
Would an axis2 rampart just ignore my custom wsse
header on the service side? If say I have UsernameToken action in the

Posted by George Stanchev <Gs...@serena.com>.
Hi Ruchith,

After peeking at the wss4j source code, I found a way to set it for the defaule wsse header:

options.setProperty(WSHandlerConstants.ACTOR, "uri:my.actor");

But I need to be able to generate 2 wsse headers, so that doesn't cut it
for me.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-1876

Thanks!

George