Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bart Molenkamp <b....@bizzdesign.nl> on 2004/11/05 11:52:31 UTC

[Portal] problem with tabs and flow applications in coplets

Hi all,

I have a problem with the new portal engine. I have several coplets,
placed under different tabs. Most of the coplets (if not all) are flow
applications, just like the coplets under the "App" tab in the portal
sample.

Some of these flow applications use CForms, and these coplets are the
ones that cause trouble. When I start to fill the form with data, submit
it (then I see some page with the results I've edited), go to another
tab, and then go back to the tab, my flow application is one step back.
That is, I see the form again (and not the result page that I was
expecting).

I looked at the sample of the Cocoon portal, didn't find any strange
behaviour there, so I thought it is a problem of CForms in combination
with the portal engine. I had a look at
org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js, I found this code in
the showForm method:

do {
  var k = cocoon.sendPageAndWait(uri, bizData);
  if (result == null) result = k;

} while(!finished);

It seems like only the first returned continuation is stored, and
returned at the end of the function. Could that have something to do
with it?

Bart.

Re: [Portal] problem with tabs and flow applications in coplets

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Bart Molenkamp wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have a problem with the new portal engine. I have several coplets,
>placed under different tabs. Most of the coplets (if not all) are flow
>applications, just like the coplets under the "App" tab in the portal
>sample.
>
>Some of these flow applications use CForms, and these coplets are the
>ones that cause trouble. When I start to fill the form with data, submit
>it (then I see some page with the results I've edited), go to another
>tab, and then go back to the tab, my flow application is one step back.
>That is, I see the form again (and not the result page that I was
>expecting).

You might try the PageLabel  support I have submitted. Take a look at
the Wiki for documentation.  This code has not yet been applied to SVN -
I am still waiting for my account so I can commit it.It works with
BRANCH_2_1_X. If you are using 2.1.5.1 you will need to modify one line
to get it to compile.

Ralph