Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Cornelius Keller <ck...@informatik.hu-berlin.de> on 2003/03/02 03:19:42 UTC

OJB 0.9.9 & mysql: Database User & password form repository not used?

Hello List,

I am using the following Connection descriptor:

<jdbc-connection-descriptor
     jcd-alias="default"
     default-connection="true"
     platform="MySQL"
     jdbc-level="2.0"
     driver="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"
     protocol="jdbc"
     subprotocol="mysql"
     dbalias="//localhost:3306/fldb?autoReconnect=true"
     username="root"
     password="x"
     batch-mode="false"

When creating a Persistence Broker, I am reciving the follwoing Exception :

General error: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'fldb'
java.sql.SQLException: General error: Access denied for user: '@localhost'
to database 'fldb'
        at org.gjt.mm.mysql.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:497)
        at org.gjt.mm.mysql.Connection.connectionInit(Connection.java:264)
        at
org.gjt.mm.mysql.jdbc2.Connection.connectionInit(Connection.java:89)
        at org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:167)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:193)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.newConnectio
nFromDriverManager(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl$ConPoolFactory
.makeObject(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPoo
l.java:710)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl.getConnectionF
romPool(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.lookupConnec
tion(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionManagerImpl.getConnection(Unknow
n Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionManagerImpl.localBegin(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.singlevm.PersistenceBrokerImpl.beginTransaction(Unknow
n Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.singlevm.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.beginTransaction(
Unknown Source)
        at com.ckeller.flweb.application.FLApp.login(Unknown Source)

When Creating a the first PersistenceBroker.
Why is OJB using the Databese and and url defined in the repository but not
the username and password?

I just updated from OJB 0.9.7 to 0.9.9, in 0.9.7 my database setup worked
well.
What am I doing wrong now?

Thanks in Advance for your Time
- Cornelius

Cornelius Keller
Stud. Inf.
Humbold Universität Berlin
crewmeber of space station C-Base -
culture communication carbonite in berlin
visit: http://www.c-base.org/

Re: OJB 0.9.9 & mysql: Database User & password form repository not used?

Posted by Jeffrey Gilbert <vi...@attbi.com>.
Here is what I use for fetching a PersistenceBroker in my code:

PersistenceBroker broker =
PersistenceBrokerFactory.createPersistenceBroker(new
PBKey("default","sa",""));

Where "sa" equals a user id and "" is the password.

Hope this info helps,

Jeff

Posted by Jeffrey Gilbert <vi...@attbi.com>.
Hey I learned something new!  Thanks Armin

Jeff

Re: PersistenceBrokerAware and current transaction

Posted by "V.B. Skrypnyk" <va...@skrypnyk.net>.
Thank you, Armin.

I am using TxManagerFactory.instance().getCurrentTransaction() now.

--Bill.

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.
Hi Bill,

Posted by "V.B. Skrypnyk" <va...@skrypnyk.net>.
Hi,

I am trying to implement my own cascading deletes of sorts through
PersistenceBrokerAware beforeDelete callback. Strangely (?) I can't seem to
get the current transaction by calling:

OJB.getInstance().currentTransaction()

so that I can add the affected dependent objects to it (so it may be saved).
I get the following exception:

 [java] org.odmg.DatabaseClosedException: Database is NULL, must have a DB
in order to create a transaction

Is this correct behaviour? It's the same thread, shouldn't I be able to

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.
Hi Cornelius,

Posted by Cornelius Keller <ck...@informatik.hu-berlin.de>.