Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by John Casey <qu...@sunflower.com> on 2003/03/12 20:38:15 UTC

maven.username and other defaults break inheritance with reactor

I'm wondering if my message from last night made it out to the list.  I
have filed a bug report for this issue, which includes patches to the
touchstone build and a patch for maven itself, to fix the bug.  The bug
id is: MAVEN-294, and the other email last night went into way more
detail about the behavior than I have time to do now, but here's a
synopsis:

*  I set maven.username in the project.properties at the root project
level.
*  I have a maven.xml which spawns multiple child builds via reactor
*  Each child build winds up scp'ing the jar file deliverable to my
repository
*  When the child build tries to scp the jar up to the repository, it
says I haven't set maven.username.

Based on this behavior, I had a look in the code which sets up contexts
(in MavenUtil.java), and found that the driver.properties is overwriting
the maven.username, along with a host of other properties, all of which
I may legitimately have set in the parent project.  I have a potential
fix for this problem, and it works for me...but I'd like to get it into
HEAD so I don't continually have to patch maven before I build a new
version from CVS...

Please see MAVEN-294 for more detail...
--
John Casey <qu...@sunflower.com>