Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Gv, Shivakumar" <sh...@lowes.com> on 2021/06/16 10:54:30 UTC

overwrite component option via application.properties camel spring boot

Hi Team,

Is it possible to update any particular component option using camel springboot component   property after creating springboot jar.

Eg: In code, java DS  I have

from("kafka:topic? heartbeatIntervalMs=3000")

once the springboot jar is created . can I update/overwrite  heartbeatIntervalMs value in application.properties  ?

camel.component.kafka.configuration.heartbeat-interval-ms=5000

Thanks,
Shiva

________________________________
NOTICE: All information in and attached to the e-mails below may be proprietary, confidential, privileged and otherwise protected from improper or erroneous disclosure. If you are not the sender's intended recipient, you are not authorized to intercept, read, print, retain, copy, forward, or disseminate this message. If you have erroneously received this communication, please notify the sender immediately by phone (704-758-1000) or by e-mail and destroy all copies of this message electronic, paper, or otherwise. By transmitting documents via this email: Users, Customers, Suppliers and Vendors collectively acknowledge and agree the transmittal of information via email is voluntary, is offered as a convenience, and is not a secured method of communication; Not to transmit any payment information E.G. credit card, debit card, checking account, wire transfer information, passwords, or sensitive and personal information E.G. Driver's license, DOB, social security, or any other information the user wishes to remain confidential; To transmit only non-confidential information such as plans, pictures and drawings and to assume all risk and liability for and indemnify Lowe's from any claims, losses or damages that may arise from the transmittal of documents or including non-confidential information in the body of an email transmittal. Thank you.

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: overwrite component option via application.properties camel spring boot

Posted by "Gv, Shivakumar" <sh...@lowes.com>.
Thanks Claus!!

You can set an ENV or JVM system property that Camel will use as override instead of values in application.properties.

BTW if you use
from("kafka:topic? heartbeatIntervalMs=3000")

Then its a hardcoded value and it cannot be overridden, either you use property placeholders {{xxx}} and put the default value in application.properties, then you can override that from ENV or JVM system property.
Also spring boot has profiles so you can have other .properties file that override application.properties. But that is spring boot standard, so go look at their docs.

--
Claus Ibsen

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi