Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Thad Humphries <th...@mindwrap.com> on 2002/09/26 15:14:36 UTC

Using SAX1 (Xerces 1.4 & Xalan 1.2) in TC 4.1

I have an application written well over a year ago that uses Xerces 1.4
and Xalan 1.2 for its XML parser and XSL translations.  I know that this
will have to be updated someday but because of short resources and some
customer complexities, we can't at this time.

The application runs fine under Tomcat 3.2.x, Tomcat 4.0.x, and WebLogic
6.1.  However, the older XML causes problems with Tomcat 4.1.  I see
that 4.1 includes Xerces 2 but I thought classes in my WEB-INF/classes
and WEB-INF/lib were supposed to override that (or be checked first).
However, most of my JSPs and servlets calling to Xerces 1 errors.

We are using Xerces 2 for all newer applications and would like to move
up to Tomcat 4.1.  How can I run this older application in Tomcat 4.1?
I'd rather not have to swap back and forth or run a 2d Tomcat.