Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com> on 2000/07/14 06:08:02 UTC

Current C2 URL map bug to keep an eye on

When using the current version of Cocoon2, and trying to match the root
of the context, Cocoon can't find the resource.

In other words, when I try to access the url:

www.myserver.com

I can't get Cocoon to match the root and return a resource.  I have tried
matching the uri to "" which returns null, and tried to match the uri to
"/" which will match to www.myserver.com//, but with other anomalies (not
all images downloaded correctly).

I realize that things are changing currently, but it is something we need
to keep an eye on.

Is there a way to retrieve a default document in the current implementation?

Anyhow, it's development software, but it is the only thing that is keeping
a successful demo for what it can do for my company.  Our whole site would
be able to be created with one stylesheet.

The only other issue I have has to do with the servlet engine, not Cocoon
(I can't get Flash to download correctly--finally got it going for Netscape,
but not for Internet Exploder).

Request a CDROM  1-800-333-3633

Re: Current C2 URL map bug to keep an eye on

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Berin Loritsch wrote:
> >
> > When using the current version of Cocoon2, and trying to match the root
> > of the context, Cocoon can't find the resource.
> >
> > In other words, when I try to access the url:
> >
> > www.myserver.com
> >
> > I can't get Cocoon to match the root and return a resource.  I have tried
> > matching the uri to "" which returns null, and tried to match the uri to
> > "/" which will match to www.myserver.com//, but with other anomalies (not
> > all images downloaded correctly).
>
> what servlet engine are you using? I'm pretty sure Tomcat my have bugs
> on this... not many people map a servlet to the site root.

I have been purposely trying two different servlet engines.  Both Tomcat--
because it is free, and Gefion LWS which is more commercially oriented.

Re: Current C2 URL map bug to keep an eye on

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> When using the current version of Cocoon2, and trying to match the root
> of the context, Cocoon can't find the resource.
>
> In other words, when I try to access the url:
>
> www.myserver.com
>
> I can't get Cocoon to match the root and return a resource.  I have tried
> matching the uri to "" which returns null, and tried to match the uri to
> "/" which will match to www.myserver.com//, but with other anomalies (not
> all images downloaded correctly).

what servlet engine are you using? I'm pretty sure Tomcat my have bugs
on this... not many people map a servlet to the site root.

> I realize that things are changing currently, but it is something we need
> to keep an eye on.
>
> Is there a way to retrieve a default document in the current implementation?
>
> Anyhow, it's development software, but it is the only thing that is keeping
> a successful demo for what it can do for my company.  Our whole site would
> be able to be created with one stylesheet.
>
> The only other issue I have has to do with the servlet engine, not Cocoon
> (I can't get Flash to download correctly--finally got it going for Netscape,
> but not for Internet Exploder).
>
> ____________NetZero Free Internet Access and Email_________
> Download Now     http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html
> Request a CDROM  1-800-333-3633

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: Current C2 URL map bug to keep an eye on

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.