Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Jean-Michel Biollaz (pb)" <jm...@hexalog.com> on 2001/09/21 11:42:59 UTC

Performance question

I know this is difficult to answer because it depend of the document, but
what is the average performance for generating one full page of a PDF
document. On my Pentium 850 I get 3 sec. per page for rendering an external
SVG bloc which cover the entire page with text and frames (using the
internal Helvetica font, without StrokeSVGText). You can figure it out like
a standard official formular. So to get a 30k PDF (4 pages) document, I need
15sec. I find it's slow for large document, since I want to develop a
"document server".
Is the use of external SVG slow the rendering ?
Can I have a way to improve the performance ?

Thank's for your advice on this,
Jean-Michel