Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com> on 2006/07/15 01:52:03 UTC

[xbean] duplicated tests in xbean-spring v1 and v2

Recently I have been working on adding new features and bug fixes to
the xbean-spring code.  This code is a lot harder to work with since
the test have been coppied into the v1 and v2 modules.  It actually
make it very easy to make a change in v1 and not apply the same
change to v2 since the test suites are split.  I suggest we:

o move the test to the xbean-common module
o exclude all the tests from running in xbean-common
o publish a test jar from xbean-common
o add the tests to v1 and v2 as a dependency

What do you think?

-dain

Re: [xbean] duplicated tests in xbean-spring v1 and v2

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> Recently I have been working on adding new features and bug fixes to
> the xbean-spring code.  This code is a lot harder to work with since
> the test have been coppied into the v1 and v2 modules.  It actually
> make it very easy to make a change in v1 and not apply the same change
> to v2 since the test suites are split.  I suggest we:
>
> o move the test to the xbean-common module
> o exclude all the tests from running in xbean-common
> o publish a test jar from xbean-common
> o add the tests to v1 and v2 as a dependency
>
> What do you think?
>
> -dain
Makes sense to me.

Regards,