Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by mk...@star.be on 2005/03/18 11:23:32 UTC

JSP Expression Language problem with MyFaces implementation

Hi,

I am a user of the myfaces implementation and i was happy to see that
myfaces v. 1.0.9 have compatibility with portlet.

So, i use it to a myfaces v. 1.0.8 that worked.

And with the v. 1.0.9 (I think that it's the problem), a command like this
doesn't work :

<f:subview id="bodyRight">
        <jsp:include page="${activeToolbarButton.activeButton}.jsp" />
</f:subview>

No error, but nothing happen.

If i put a static link, it work :

<f:subview id="bodyRight">
        <jsp:include page="myPage.jsp" />
</f:subview>

Do you have any idea of why it doesn't work?

Some details of the webapp :

- JSF application with MyFacesimplementation
- Deploy with MyEclipse on a jboss 4.0.1 application server (with jboss
Portal 2.0b installed)
- Have try with and without these libraries : - commons-el.jar
                                          - jsp-2.0.jar

Thank you very much...

mko@star.be

______________________

          Michaël Koene
          Star Informatic
             Stagiaire
______________________

Re: JSP Expression Language problem with MyFaces implementation

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.
BTW. have you tried Tiles and MyFaces?

it is a bit more elegant for *dynamic* includes.

see more for details:

http://myfaces.apache.org/builds/1.0.9/rc1/myfaces-1.0.9-tiles-example.tgz

-Matthias

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
In the past I solved this issue in the dirty way, by calling the
variable directly:

<jsp:include page="<%= myPageString%>" />

then I could change the page dynamically...

Bruno

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.
Michaël-

> <f:subview id="bodyRight">
>         <jsp:include page="${activeToolbarButton.activeButton}.jsp" />
> </f:subview>

I don't know if it is posible to use *dynamic* includes.
What is ${activeToolbarButton.activeButton} ?
Is it a backing/managed bean of faces-config.xml ?

> No error, but nothing happen.
>
> If i put a static link, it work :
>
> <f:subview id="bodyRight">
>         <jsp:include page="myPage.jsp" />
> </f:subview>

fine ;)

-Matthias

Posted by Amit Modi <am...@induslogic.com>.
Try using

<c:import url="${activeToolbarButton.activeButton}">

</c:import>

Make sure activeToolbarButton bean is initialized before you access it.

And your button jsp should have a subview tag. This works for me in Weblogic
8.1