Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Hershel Robinson <he...@netvision.net.il> on 2006/02/02 14:35:41 UTC

CentOS Install

My dedicated server runs CentOS 4.x, which appears to be a derivative
(and claims 100% compatibility) of RedHat Enterprise, and I presume
version 4 of RedHat.

So which RPM should I install? There are two choices on the subversion
site and then each of those has its own plethora. My plan is not to use
any other repositories (i.e. Berkeley DB), rather just to create our own
for a small development team.

I am a newbie to Subversion (obviously) and my experience with *nix is
very limited. Seems that all I really need to do is put the RPM on the
server somewheres and then from the command line (I have shell access) run:

# rpm -i subversionXXX.rpm

Can anyone confirm that that's basically all there is to it and can
someone tell me specifically which RPM to install? I want to use
snvserver as we have Apache 1.x.

Thanks,
Hershel Robinson