Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Justin Yip <yi...@prediction.io> on 2015/03/19 23:45:51 UTC

Catching InvalidClassException in sc.objectFile

Hello,

I have persisted a RDD[T] to disk through "saveAsObjectFile". Then I
changed the implementation of T. When I read the file with sc.objectFile
using the new binary, I got the exception of java.io.InvalidClassException,
which is expected.

I try to catch this error via SparkException in the driver program.
However, both getCause() and getSuppressed() are empty.

What is the recommended way of catching this exception?

Thanks.

Justin